with honors INSA (F) - 1969
Ecole Polytechnique de Montréal(C)-1971
Ecole Polytechnique de Montréal(C)-1978
Post Graduate diploma in Business Management
- Since 2003 : J.-R. Murat, gestion de projets, conseils, expertises. Independent consultant.
- 2001-2003 : Alcyon Engineering SA, Renens (CH). Senior Project Coordinator
- 1989-2001 : Bonnard & Gardel Consulting Engineers Ltd., Lausanne (CH). Head of the "Project Management" Department; In charge of Quality Management
- 1975-88 : Ecole Polytechnique de Montreal, Canada. Full Professor, chair of strength of materials; Vice Dean, research.
- 1974-75 : Canatom Ltd, Montréal, Canada Structural analyst, civil engineering department; Head of the seismic analysis group.
- 1972-74 : Computer Sciences Canada Ltd, Product Manager, engineering
- Independent party and court appointed expert, Alternate Dispute Resolution.
- Swiss Chamber of Forensic Experts
- American Association of Civil Engineering
- Over 25 refereed papers in scientific journals and conference proceedings.
Main references as expert
- Monaco Government : technical and financial evaluation of 7 residential projects (1000 apartments and commercial premises), re-negotiation of all contracts.
- International Chamber of Commerce (Paris). Party's expert for a US$ 30 Mio claim related to the construction of a Middle-East university campus.
- Geneva Tribunal. Tribunal's expert in various cases (general contractors vs. Subcontractors) related to industrial and commercial construction projects.
- Conciliation (Paris). Conciliator for a € 55 Mio claim filed by a consortium (three leading French construction firms) vs a public company during the construction of a wastewater plant.
- Arbitrator on behalf of insurance companies (Zurich, Axa): Engineers and architects responsibilities, budget overrun.
- SIA Arbitrator-Expert (Fribourg, Vaud) in various cases (Hospital, residential buildings, production plant).
- Numerous expertise reports for government agencies in Canada and Switzerland (technical and economical construction related problems)
- Canadian Federal Court's sworn expert for field accidents and injuries (1978-88)
Main references as project manager
- Dakar (Senegal). Construction of three municipal waste treatment plants with a total capacity of 450'000 tons-per-year.
- Province of Puerto Plata (Dominican Republic). Construction and operation of a 120 MW electrical power plant
- Philip Morris Europe S.A. European Headquarters in Lausanne. Major renovation project (40 mio).
- Johnson & Johnson (Cordis) medical devices production plant in Le Locle. Transformation of an existing building to accommodate GMP production suites (clean rooms).
- Ares-Serono biotechnology plant in Corsier-sur-Vevey. One of the world's largest biotech production facilities (300 mio).
- Centre Suisse d'Electronique et de Microtechnique (CSEM) research center in Neuchâtel. New high-tech building (36 mio).
- Public transportation depot (VMCV) in Clarens/Montreux(CH). Maintenance and service building (20 mio) for tram and busses
- Cornes Morel residential complex, La Chaux-de-Fonds (CH). 292 independent apartments with commercial center and underground parking (80 mio).